Friday, June 02, 2006

Barbara Kaim

Date: Wednesday June 23, 2004 - 04:37PM
Name: Barbara Kaim
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Comments: Dearest Tony,

I haven't seen you for probably 10 years. But,whenever I've thought about my time in the Bay Area, and the beautiful people I still know there, I've always thought about you and Harvey, the good and generous people in Cory and Paula and Alex's life. You were the heart, the person who gave me the teddy bear hugs when I walked through your door on Christmas or Thanksgiving Day, glass of red wine in hand. How welcoming you were, ready to listen and laugh and, on one special occasion, cry with me as I struggled through the pain of dislocation, so far from my home.

I can't imagine returning to SF and not finding you at the door, arms outstretched, that mischevious twinkle in your eye.

You come from a special breed. I have always admired Harvey and his steadfastness. I trully love Cory and Paula, soul sisters from way back. I glow whenever I hear stories about Alex and, even from a distance, recognise that quality in him that is so particular to you all - his strength, his 'knowing' about the (in)justices of the world and his willingness to take life by the horns...

You had your pains and, in the end, they must have sunk deep. I ache for you in those moments. And for your family who love you so dearly. But we take courage in the brilliance of who you were - and the realness of your life.

Go well, dear brother. It's now our turn to 'teddybear hug' you. And a hug, as well, to H, C, P and A

From
Barbs and her two boys, Jonathan and Sam xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home