Friday, June 02, 2006

Mark K.

Date: Wednesday June 23, 2004 - 09:28PM
Name: Mark K.
Location: going to Maui
Comments: When I think of Tony, the picture that immediately comes to mind is his smiling scruffy face. That's a good way to be remembered.

I worked closely with Tony during my early days at WebTV. I remember walking between the Lytton and Alma buildings, with him wearing his black leather jacket, puffing on cigarettes--"Walk on this side so I can hear you," he'd say--and we'd chat about the crisis-du-jour, remember 6502?

Tony was very fond of the early customer care team at WebTV. I think he felt in someways like a big brother to many of them. Like a family, there would occasionally be squables, but they never seemed to last for long.

It had been a while since I'd last talked with Tony. Hearing about his decision was a shock, to be sure. But even in the end, his final wishes were not for family and friends to mourn his passing, but rather to have a party and celebrate his life. Here's to you, Tony!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home