Friday, June 02, 2006

Chris Braun

Date: Friday June 25, 2004 - 01:13PM
Name: Chris Braun
Location: San Francisco
Comments: “What are you up to Mary?” Tony would shout in a suspicious tone from some window above…

I was fortunate to share my first five years in SF living in the basement of 751 Haight. It was Tony that convinced me to move to the city when I was sloshed at a WebTV gathering, I didn’t know it, but this decision turned out to be life changing for the better. Here he shared his warm beautiful home, filled with his kind friends/family and cats, his over the top fabulous meals, nightly eclectic gatherings around a candle lit table, a smoke and chat on the back porch, his natural garden with hidden treasures such as Alice and wild clovers, the many projects and plethora of books, movies, music, and just plain stuff all of which he adored.

I didn’t recognize it right away, but Tony had a habit of taking people under his wing and always had an insight when it came to what was best for me and many others. He had a confidence in his stride, a witty fierceness about him, and a look which told you he knew what you were up to. He always had an honest view point, wouldn’t hesitate to say what he truly felt, saw through life’s bullshit, and convinced me to move beyond my comfort level which wasn’t as hard to do standing by his side. He loved to give me a hard time for a good laugh, got frustrated with my lack of what he considered to be just common knowledge of things, gave me some serious advice, took me to his favorite city haunts, TREATED me to see Bette Midler in concert and many other special moments. As always we had a good night on the town.

My pal and mentor is truly missed, he will never be forgotten.

… “YOOHOO Mary,” I’m home.

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home